There are many taboos on the table. For example: don’t take the last pieces from the serving tray, don’t start eating as soon as the food gets on the table, and eat as much as you can. But I think some of them are really ridiculous, like don’t take the last pieces from the serving tray. If you are really hungry, why can’t you just eat what should be eaten? To tell the truth, I think lots of Taiwanese taboos are nonsense. Fewer people care much about these. So we should change these traditional manners and make ourselves fit the new life style.
I agree that most of them are nonsense, but some of them sound quite interesting to me. :)
回覆刪除I agree your argument,too. But I think, to change the traditional manners is hard. Because some elder whose cogitation is too old that they can't follow the new life style.
回覆刪除I think that we should pass the traditional taboos for our future generations, but it' s okay to change our life styles.
回覆刪除